Thursday 25 July 2013

Butterfly, Purse, Lipstick and a shoe.

Well Hello there..

Have I been busy? Oh yes. Is that an excuse? Not at all. However I have a huge stack of custom designs now to share with you because I have been so busy!
So what I have been up to? Butterflies, high heels, purses, and lipstick.

 Yep.

Now don't even get me started on this butterfly. I had thought it might be the death of me,but then I got it drawn out and I almost cried from the pure beauty.

These are fantastic 4 layer butterflies with die cut wings. Each piece is individual and glued on by hand.
Now I would love to take all of the credit for these.
I was given a graphic (below) by my lovely customer as she was looking for party items to match.
Die cuts, menu cards, cupcake wrappers.

Oh sure, no big deal.. right?
I am used to the challenge, but that doesn't mean it was easy. You see the teeny tiny butterfly over on the left by the "Happy"?? That was the inspiration. Not only was that small picture it, but I had to make everything third dimensional.
Nothing from cakeadoodle is flat and borring.. NO. So 3D butterfly it is. Oh and not to mention the high heel, the lipstick and the purse were also put to the 3D card stock test.
So here they are. 3D, bright and die cut. Layered assembled by hand and drawn out from scratch. I had to draw each graphic using the provided drawing, and then come up with a layered 3D version. Not too shabby if I must say. I feel like the cupcake wrappers were an amazing turn out.




Hot pink, pink, turquoise, aqua, silver, lime green, purple, lavender, peach, and black. Those were the strict colors I was offered to work with. Check out the lime green heart charm on the purse!! eek! Even the menu cards had to be printed onto lavender paper.

The menu cards came out super cute. The die cuts are all cut out individually and glued together. They are attached to the menu cards printed on lavender paper with foam adhesives for a layered 3D look.
I am just so ecstatic with what can be made out of paper!! I wish I was invited to the party to eat all the food though. 

Overall I am quite pleased with this party design!! I Hope to see some party photos!! Let me know what you think.


www.cakeadoodle.ca

View my website Here.
Join my Mailing List Here.
Visit me on Facebook Here.
See my Etsy shop Here.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment